December 3, 2018
This week marks the following new feature roll-out to users of Infor OS Cloud Edition (CE).
New Application in this update!*
An entirely new collaboration experience is now generally available as part of Infor OS! Infor Chat allows for instant messaging between team members one-on-one, as well in an organized group setting. The self-service model of Infor Chat brings the tool of dynamic project-based communication directly to your fingertips. Each Chat user can create and edit groups to fit each and every need of a project, department, team or entire organization; and with groups and topics that are easy-to-navigate and socially appealing, your organization can begin to transform the way their work gets done. Also generally available is Infor Chat mobile application, enabling you to have everything that Chat offers directly to your mobile device.
- Push notifications configurable to your preference
- Organized access to all chat attachment files
- One-step creation for Distribution Lists
- Text emphasis and editing
- Social ‘reaction’ options for all messages
Other enhancements in this update…
User Experience Services
- Collaboration: The user’s full name is displayed instead of Person ID in the “user picker” workflow parameter.
- Data Management: Data management will be a fixed table and long entries will display an ellipsis.
- Portal: When new content is available for context apps, display a blue dot instead of changing the context app icon color to orange in the Portal bar.
- Portal: When new content is available for tasks, alerts, notification, or pending request, display a red dot instead of change the user menu icon color to orange in the Portal bar.
- Portal: Allows admins to specify what languages an end user can use and see in the user settings. The languages can be selected from the list of Infor OS supported languages.
- Homepages: All actions above the datagrid lists in Homepages Administration now have icons.
- Homepages: When bookmarking a section in Homepages Administration, the section name is automatically added as a suggestion in the bookmark title field.
- Homepages: Screenshots have been added to Image, Menu, Web and Notes widgets. The screenshots are visible in the widget details view for each widget in Widget Catalog.
- Homepages: The locale set in Portal will now be used when configuring a date range for a mandatory page in Homepages Administration.
- Document Management: Major UI Update! The following pages have been updated: ION Configuration Screen, Business Context Model Screen, Retention Policies.
- Document Management: Major UI Update! Added a new page with links to create a new document or view documents created by the user. Searches can still be conducted from the landing page
- Document Management: Added a File Handling screen so that cloud users can whitelist mime types in IDM
- Document Management: New functionality to change the order of attributes at the document type level, reflected in the order of the attributes seen when looking at a document in the client.
- Search: A user can select anywhere on the search result, except the drillback URL, and it will activate the search spotlight. The search spotlight will provide further details on the search result, and it can also provide actionable items in some cases.
- Search: Search screens will be responsive in both mobile devices and tablets.
- Search: Longer hit descriptions are allowed in the search result.
- Search: The filter by type menu has been changed to use the same format as dynamic facets.
- Auditing and Monitoring: User Management > Auditing and Monitoring > Security Role.User can download User to Security Role mapping report.
- Auditing and Monitoring: User Management > Auditing and Monitoring > Audit Event Search. New Entity Type: Audit Trail for Service Accounts
Coleman Digital Assistant*
- Skill Builder: Skill Name now displayed in Try It Out interactions
- Skill Builder: Improved how the API Lookup loads APIs via pagination
- Skill Builder: Added “List Match” operation in Response Conditions
- Skill Builder: Improved adding components UI
- Skill Builder: Added “Last Modified” info to Skill Info overlay
- Skill Builder: Added error messages to clarify validation
- Skill Builder: Response Condition blocks are now collapsible
- Skill Builder: Added event log details to Try It Out
- Skill Builder: Combined Query String and Path parameters sections
- Skill Builder: Added the option to Create, Read, Update, and Delete Custom Requirement types.
- Skill Builder: Provide a dropdown of possible HTTP Status values in response conditions
A similar set of features will be available in the 12.0.28 Infor OS release for on-premise customers. A full list of new features, bugs fixed, and other documentation can be found on Infor Xtreme. Learn more about Infor OS here or contact us anytime.
Don’t see a feature you want? Log into Infor Xtreme and click on Resources > Enhancement Requests. You can enter your own and vote for others.
* only available in the Cloud Edition